Monday, September 13, 2010

Gubna!

Two posts in two days? No, I haven't gotten ambitious, I just got some awesome beer and had to talk about it. My buddy Drew visited his folks in Des Moines and brought some fancy canned beers for his buddies. I was fortunately on the list to get some. He brought Oskar Blues Imperial IPA, dubbed "Gubna" and Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi. Tonight I cracked open a Gubna.

It says "Imperial IPA" and holy cow does this beer deliver a punch. 10% ABV, 3 malts, 1 hop, Summit, by the way, and about 100 IBUs. The nose is an earthy citrus, with a hint of the malt. The flavor is hoppy, bitter, with a complex malt back, and a smooth and lingering sweeter aftertaste that still has some hop flavor in it. If you're in Colorado, or many other western states, pick some up, it's totally worth it. Currently (as far as I know) it is unavailable in Iowa, but with our new beer laws, we might be getting it sooner rather than later, but until then, try it if you can find it out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment