Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Major update(I get my CX frameset)

So yeah, super long time, no blogging. My bad, got busy and distracted. Been drinking too much and riding too little and having a helluva time keeping the shop together while the boss was in Vegas for Interbike.

I finally got my Specialized Crux frame. My rep called up and said, "Hey Mark, you know I've always got your back, right?" I'm thinking that something's gone wrong with something and he;s had to go to bat for us, and bad news is coming. I tell him that I understand he's got my back, and ask what was up. "That big, pink, cross frame is here and waiting to be shipped. You still want it right? I'll get it out the door today." I was elated. What dorky bike thing got me that excited?
This.

Specialized has finally built a race oriented cross bike. Their previous offering, the tricross, was too much of a touring bike, and did not have the right geometry nor the lighter build to be a true race bike. This frame set is race ready, comes with the sweet carbon post, and has tons of tire clearance for fatter tires on gravel rides, or mud clearance in cross. Plus the color is completely insane, especially in a giant 61cm size.
It is a brighter pink than I thought it'd be, but I love it.

I spent a good chunk of today building it up, mostly with parts off my touring bike, and took it out to practice, I did not have time to snap a pic, I will fix that in the near future. The 1x9 setup worked pretty well, and the 42T should be a good gear for the front, but the hasty build left me with no good chain watching solutions, and I dropped the chain several times. Then about halfway through practice, I snapped the chain in half. Seriously, just straight up murdered the chain. So my day was done, no biggie. I really really need to ride more, I've been on edge for weeks, and I have no idea what I'm so stressed about. I think the problem is I don't do much. I work, I ride sometimes, I drink. Sometimes on the weekends I play board games with people in Ames. I've got a pretty solid routine, that is enjoyable, but I get in a rut. Maybe the new bike will help motivate me to get my ass out and ride more.

No comments:

Post a Comment