Sunday, November 7, 2010

more mountain bikes and beer

This morning I not only enjoyed an extra hour of sleep, but I got up and out, and rode mountain bikes. I went with a few other guys to the center trails. Squirrel has been pimping the condition of these trails on facebook for several weeks, and I know he's been putting in tons of work keeping them in great shape. He wasn't lyin'. Holy hell, these trails (all of 'em: denman's, hillside, rollercoaster, everything) are in incredible shape. It's been years since I've been down there, and everything is outstanding. Hillside in particular was in great shape, and more fun to ride than I remembered. I might have to get down there on Wednesday. Usually if we're going to ride mountain bikes, we just go up to Boone, and ride as Seven Oaks because from Ankeny, both places are darn close to equidistant, at least time wise. Sadly, I failed at taking pictures of our ride, but I did not fail at taking a picture of this excellent new beer I'm enjoying:
New Glarus Abt

This beer is a darker abbey style ale with dark candi sugar, complex but smooth flavors, and a nearly 10% abv punch. Not much else to say other than it is very very good. Check out their info: http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/Headlines.cfm?NewsID=165

No comments:

Post a Comment