Friday, August 27, 2010

24 hours of 7 oaks in coming, plus i drink a new beer.

Next weekend to most folks is Labor Day Weekend, a time for final trips to the lake, big cook outs, lazy porch sittin'/drinkin', for central iowa (and beyond) endurance minded mountain bikers, it is the 8th annual 24 hours of 7 oaks near boone. Last year I didn't train, didn't really take the race seriously, planned to have fun and ride my bike all day, and nearly finished 3rd in the 12 hours solo race. In fact, I got passed on the last lap (my 9th) by a guy who also did 9, but he finished 10 mins ahead of me for the podium spot. So in 8 days, I get to try again. Same plan, just fun, but this time I might ask someone to let me know if I'm gonna podium or something.
Here's a write up I did after last year's race: http://kylesbikes.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/marks-race-report-from-the-24-hours-of-7-oaks/
Not too shabby if I must say so myself.

Now for the part most of you care more about: beer.

Peace Tree Brewing's Double IPA, from their Brewer's Special Release Series. It also claims to be a seasonal, but their website did not off any info on this beer. It is really really good. Hoppy, bitter (but not overly so), floral but not too citrus of a nose, overall top notch. It is also reportedly hard to find. I had never seen it in the wild, but my buddy Markk picked some up and saved me a bottle. If it really is a seasonal, watch for it next summer, or keep your eyes peeled now.

No comments:

Post a Comment