Monday, April 11, 2011

Fleur



Goose Island's Fleur. Part of their excellent "Vintage" series. A Belgian style pale ale with Hibiscus flowers and kombucha tea. It has a strong fruity aroma with a heady floral note as well.

I've had this beer before, but it's been a while, and this bottle is the 2011 batch, while the last one I had was the 2010. While I don't have an incredible memory for tastes and how a similar/identical beer changes from year to year, I think the 2011 batch isn't quite as floral as 2010. This new batch also seems to be a bit fruitier with a strawberry flavor lingering in the back long after swallowing. I really like these more experimental beers from Goose Island(and others) but I'm not necessarily wowed by their day to day offerings. I think is a good thing, as more interesting beers is never a bad thing.

In riding news, I rode the cross bike through Sycamore, down the paved trail for a ways, across the new levy by Birdland and then back home. The new levy is mostly ridable but you have to go around some fences and ignore some trail closed signs. The ground is fairly chewed up from the heavy equipment, but careful line choice on a cross bike was fine, a mountain bike would have made it easier. Sadly, I'm dumb and didn't take any pictures. Must remember for next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment