Saturday, July 3, 2010

Homebrew and a ride

Progress on the bridge at the north end of the Ankeny to Woodward trail, now called the High Trestle Trail. Rode up there Thursday, rode past the road closed signs at the end of the pavement and got sorta close to the bridge. There were plenty of workers busily constructing some portion of the structure so I didn't venture too close. The picture does it no justice, but it's a) really really high, and b) pretty long and surprisingly narrow. With some luck I'll get out there some time when there aren't workers and get a better picture/more info about what's going on.

Tonight (Saturday) I once again had nothing to do so I took care of some homebrew bottling. It takes longer than I remembered but made my kitchen smell like hops, so it was an okay trade off. Here's a shot of transferring the beer from secondary to the bottling bucket. Now there's about five gallons of extra IPA in bottles being conditioned. Now I play the waiting game, in about 2 weeks I should have some fancy beer i made myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment