Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sharing fancy beers with friends.

As some of you may know/I may have mentioned in passing, but I have a friend visiting. One of my favorite things is to share fancy beers with friends. This friend is from what I sometimes refer to as the "promised land of my people", that is the place where bicycles and beer are often the two most important things in a person's life, the Pacific Northwest, specifically Eugene, Oregon. When I visit, we drink all kinds of (to me) exotic beers, and ride bikes. Finally with the fantastic Rye on Rye from Boulevard's consistently excellent Smokestack Series, I have one upped him.


A strong rye ale aged in Templeton Rye barrels for 11 months. Really complex and really intense, it is amazing, especially if you love whiskey. Sadly, it is no longer even remotely available, so if you don't have any, you won't have any. If you have a friend who might like it, be a pal and share. If you have a friend with some, offer something fancy and hopefully exotic in trade.


Here's Seager enjoying/being confused by "the best beer ever. like, seriously, ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment